Friday, June 30, 2006

LIFE: Stop the presses


Geez, some days I wish I worked at a gas station. It's a truism in newspapers that whenever someone essential in the newsroom goes on vacation, all hell breaks loose. Since my city editor is gone all week and I'm running a newsroom of 28 people, I feel like I've been at ground zero all week. Breaking news, breaking news, breaking news.

Since Monday, we've had – 2 drownings in local rivers and lakes, one of a 5-year-old boy; a terrible freak accident that killed an off-duty cop; and the start of an attempted murder trial for the school shooting we had here earlier this year. Egad. Happy news, where are you?

On the bright side, I did get to see "Superman Returns" last night and quite enjoyed it. Will try to post some thoughts in next day or so as the chaos fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment