...In which I get all William S. Burroughs on your arse*
(*The cut-up technique, that is.) Surfing randomly I found this nifty book meme which I rather liked:
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
"Run here, my towhead grandchildren, and let this geezer dandle you upon his knee. 'Whaddaya think one of these babies would fetch?' a worker asked me, running his hand licentiously over my VCR. Your sister told me the other day that Noboru Wataya raped you. The girls wear skirts and black leather jackets. The bitch is dead now."
...How disturbing a casserole that was, frankly. Picked at random from the library wing -- (1) "Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung" by Lester Bangs, (2) "Near-Life Experiences" by Jon Carroll, (3) "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" by Haruki Murakami, (4) "A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers and (5) "Casino Royale" by Ian Fleming.
Tag, you're it, anyone who wants to play along.