Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things courtesy of Facebook

I am in a random kind of mood and thus will steal a Facebook meme I have been tagged with like 150 times to fill the vast and empty space that needs to be filled. So.... Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Steal this if you like, or not if you don't!

25 Random Things About Me

1. I was born in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've been back once, when I was 30.

2. I was born with a condition called craniosynostosis; basically, I had no soft spot on my skull and had to have one surgically put in. If you x-ray my head you will see wee little metal staples. Good times!

3. From toddlerhood to about age 25 or so, I had an unearthly fear of bullfrogs. I still don't care for them much.

4. All my grandparents died by the time I was 4 or so, so I barely remember them at all.

5. I am left-handed, just like our shiny new President.

6. I got sent to the principal's office for hitting a girl when I was in second or third grade.

7. My all-time favorite movie is "Annie Hall." I think.

8. Famous people I have interviewed include Dave Matthews, Alice Cooper, Richard Ford and former California Gov. Jerry Brown. I stepped on Jerry Brown's foot accidentally.

9. I was really short until my freshman year in high school, when I shot up to over 6 foot in about six months. It kinda hurt.

10. I love eating fish but I hate cooking fish.

11. Top country I want to visit I've never seen: Thailand.

12. The first date I ever went on with a girl was a school roller-skating trip in sixth grade. It didn't go anywhere.

13. The first concert I ever went to was Howard Jones, nerdy keyboard master supreme, in 1988 or so. His equipment kept breaking down. I'm rather embarrassed about the whole thing now.

14. The older I get the more eclectic my music tastes are getting; when I was 21 I thought punk was noise and actually briefly owned a lot of Billy Joel CDs.

15. My wife and I were pen-pals for a year or two before we actually met; we finally married in 1999. I find her handwriting curiously sexy as a result.

16. I am color-blind, which basically in my case means I have trouble differentiating shades of blue and green. And a few others.

17. We named our kid Peter mostly after his grandfather, but have to admit that Peter Parker slipped in there too as an inspiration.

18. The one song I probably listened to more than any is Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes." Yeah, there was a girl involved.

19. I wore braces and/or headgear for like six or seven years when I was a kid. I had really crooked teeth.

20. If money wasn't an object I think I would like to run a bookstore.

21. I still regret selling most of my original Kenner Star Wars action figures at a yard sale when I was 10.

22. I hate the word "creamy."

23. I self-published a nifty little book of some of the 200 or so newspaper columns I wrote from 1994-2004, mostly as a keepsake for myself and the family. But hey, if you wants one....

24. My favorite part of America is the Pacific Northwest, and if we ever move back there that's where I want to go.

25. Nik is actually my middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment