Friday, January 4, 2008

30 Days of Bloggery: Friday


So you may recall that I usually work 6am-4 pm, four days a week. I've gotten used to the whole waking up at 5 a.m. thing but now that we've moved a lot closer to my work, in the interest of being a buff and fit fellow I'm trying to walk the 3k (about 1.9 miles) most days. Which wouldn't be a hassle except that it can be tough to wake up throw on clothes wash face head out door for a half-hour walk right at crack o'dawn, I'm finding. I usually wake up about halfway through the walk if my iPod plays something jazzy.

On shuffle 5.25 this a.m.: "19th Nervous Breakdown," Rolling Stones. Oh yeah.

Beautiful sunrises, too.

• Congratulations to my father-in-law, painter Peter Siddell who earlier this week was named a Distinguished Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit -- it's one of the annual New Year's Honours and a huge accomplishment, basically the equivalent of what a knighthood once was. To put it in perspective, he was one of only five people in the entire country to get the gong this go-round, courtesy of the Queen of England herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment