Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday shuffle: I heard Papa tell Mama, Let that boy boogie woogie

...It's the kind of weather where it's cold in the morning but in the afternoon hot and sticky and you're walking home carrying the leather jacket you wore to work this morning and sweating. And your shoes hurt.

I didn't mean to hit the shuffle button twice -- actual content soon, I swear, just been a busy week.

Photobucket1. Sound And Vision 3:04 David Bowie
2. Lullaby 2:03 Liam Finn*
3. The Taxi 2:07 Young Marble Giants
4. Evolution 4:46 Cat Power
5. One Love 3:36 The Stone Roses
6. Black Dog 2:34 Blue Mountain**
7. Boogie Chillen 3:12 John Lee Hooker***
8. Back In The U.S.S.R. 1:54 The Beatles****
9. Firestarter 4:43 The Prodigy

* Son of the great Neil Finn, of course.
** Great old Mississippi band and friends of mine wouldjabelieveit, and one of their best songs, a right ol' Southern barnburner.
*** Every time I hear this tune, I grin. Can't help it.
**** When I was 12 or 13, another kid tried to convince me this song proved the Beatles were "communists." The 1980s were an interesting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment