Friday, April 8, 2005

ETC.: Celebrate the spatula


Hey, it's my BLOGOVERSARY! That's right, it's been one entire freakin' year of inane blog posts from yours truly. I have to admit, when I started, I wasn't sure if I could keep it up. I've never been a "post-a-day" kind of guy, but when I post, I do tend to ramble on. The Blogger page includes information on how much I've written:
Posts Written 236
Words Written 74,140


Yowch.

Let's take a trip in time back to that faraway time of April 2004, and ask, what did I write about in that first month? Like I have ever since, a little bit of everything, I guess. Topics included movie reviews of "Shattered Glass," "Hellboy" "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," "21 Grams" and "Kill Bill Vol. 1," writing about Baby Peter spitting up, a couple of old newspaper columns [something I've gotten away from reprinting here], the end of Dave Sim's Cerebus, some comic reviews, a gushing essay about TV's "Scrubs," my day judging a spelling bee, a look at 2004's summer movie lineup, the end of Guided By Voices, and an exhaustive look at Avril and I's trek to the Pixies Reunion concert in Eugene -- plus a buncha other junk.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who read the blog, link to the blog, comment on the blog – like most bloggers, I'm an incurable narcissist, doing this mostly to satisfy some strange inner writing demons, but it's been a blast and I hope to continue it for a while longer. Many thanks and keep reading, and hey, don't forget about the Jay's Days Giveaway contest -- deadline is April 29 if you want to enter and win a shot at some cool Jason Marcy comics. You could be the icon of millions!

No comments:

Post a Comment