Monday, June 11, 2007

Kibbles and bits, kibbles and bits


Auckland is the centre (not "center") of the universe – not only am I going to see Bob Dylan in a few months time, but this coming weekend, I get to attend a rockin' show by none other than His Holiness The Dalai Lama, who's speaking in New Zealand (and, OK, not rocking). My experience with Buddhism pretty much stops and starts with "The Tao Of Pooh," but at a mere $20 a pop for tickets it seemed like an event not to pass up and sure to be interesting. Everyone into the mantra pit!

• For those three die-hard fans I have out there, you can check out my latest freelance piece for The New Zealand Herald over here, a profile of the New Zealand Sponsorship Agency.

• Also of interest might be my brief look at the new Motown Number Ones records over at my other online haunt, BlogCritics.

• The rainy season has begun. Weather is cold and gray. But the season one finale of "Heroes" finally airs here tonight, and I've studiously attempted to avoid all spoilers as to what happens (it's a drag when you're anywhere from a few weeks to a few months behind on most U.S. shows). All I know is, that spunky cheerleader better save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment