Monday, January 14, 2008

30 Days of Bloggery: Monday mosh pit


Shortie today. Although we're on the far side of the world Auckland is still a pretty cool place to see live music, since we're on the Australia-USA circuit and everyone likes to stop here. Friday is Auckland's massive Big Day Out which we have tickets for, an all-day Lollapalooza of music including Bjork, Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Spoon, Billy Bragg and many more. My wife and I expect to feel very old at the end of the day but are psyched for the festival action. Watch out, though, Bjork might just punch you and rip your shirt. I coulda told that photographer, don't mess with Icelandic women.

Topped to that, we're going to see Sonic Youth doing Daydream Nation live next month, and in March I've already got tickets to check out folk-art act Iron & Wine and, coolest of all, one of my favorite bands Wilco is coming to town March 23 and I got fantastic seats for the action today. A little bird tells me that their current tour is top-notch listening and I can't wait to check 'em out.

After three shows and one giant festival in two months, this impoverished old man just might take a break for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment