Tuesday, April 12, 2005

LIFE: Monday meme


There's been a lot of the memes floating around lately. Your Monday morning treat is reading me fill out this one! Take it and pass it on if you like.

TEN random things about me:
1. My wife is from New Zealand and my son has citizenship in both the U.S. and New Zealand.
2. I am 6 foot 2 inches tall, left-handed, and mildly color-blind which is why for a long time I had a favorite blue shirt that turned out to be green.
3. I wrote and often drew a small press comic book series from 1990 to 1998.
4. I was determined to be a zoologist as a kid. I would design elaborate imaginary zoos. I was going to have a blue whale in my zoo.
5. I interviewed former California Governor Jerry Brown in college... and I stepped on his foot.
6. I have written 200 or so newspaper columns since 1994.
7. The lead singer of Phish once left an angry message on my answering machine at 3 in the morning after I wrote an uncomplimentary article about them.
8. I own 65 CDs by David Bowie. And I am not ashamed.
9. I had an job internship at Billboard magazine in New York City.
10. My wife and I actually met through letters we both had in the "Cerebus" comic book. We became pen pals and got married 7 years later.

NINE places I’ve visited:
1. New Zealand from the top to the bottom
2. Fairbanks, Alaska, where I was born
3. Most of Europe
4. The Bahamas
5. Ensenada, Mexico
6. Washington, D.C.
7. Austin, Texas
8. The Grand Canyon
9. (Next month!) Vancouver, Canada

EIGHT things I want to achieve in life:
1. I want to write a book, fiction or nonfiction
2. I want us to move to New Zealand for a few years
3. I want to raise a good kid
4. I want to visit Australia, Asia and Africa.
5. I want to figure out that material possessions aren't everything
6. I want to take up drawing again
7. I want to lose 20 pounds or so
8. I want to keep working doing something I enjoy

SEVEN ways to win my heart:
1. Recommend a good book or movie
2. Be interested in learning
3. Have a sense of humor
4. Be decent
5. Be open-minded
6. Look me in the eye
7. Steal it from my wife

SIX things I believe:
1. I believe nobody knows what happens when we die, but I'd like to think this isn't all there is
2. I believe there is life in outer space somewhere
3. I believe you can never read too many books
4. I believe humanity is quite full of itself
5. I believe our brains are our best friends and worst enemies
6. I believe in the future

FIVE things I’m afraid of:
1. Aging
2. Anything bad happening to my boy
3. Frogs (don't ask)
4. Bad drivers
5. Kidney stones

FOUR of my favorite things:
1. The family
2. Kudzu my cat
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. David Bowie's "Station to Station"

THREE things I do every day:
1. Read
2. Edit
3. Play with Peter

TWO things I’m not trying to do right now:
1. Spend money
2. Eat breakfast

ONE person I want to see right now:
1. Who else? The person who's asleep in the next room, Baby Peter, superstar!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


P.S. Don't forget about my Jay's Days Giveaway contest - the rules were changed and deadline extended over the weekend, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment