Saturday, October 15, 2005

ETC.: Friday flim-flam


ITEM! Well, I went ahead and did it. I ordered my iPod yesterday - and fortunately I waited to do it AFTER Apple announced their latest improvement to the little demons. My 30GB iPod video is in the pipeline for me to get in the next two weeks or so. And I ordered the sleek, sexy black model, the better to accompany my own sleek sexiness.

ITEM! Wow, I should write about comic book crossovers all the time. Yesterday's blogpost on "Infinite Crisis" had an all-time high for hits (thanks in part to Tom at The Comics Reporter linking to me). And I broke the 25,000 hit mark, too! I feel adored. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

ITEM! So, Daniel Craig as James Bond, eh? He's not quite my top pick (that would be Clive Owen), but it could be interesting if the movies he's in are worth a damn. I thought Pierce Brosnan was an excellent Bond, mired in some of the most gimmicky, convoluted and overwrought Bond movies of all. I'd sure love to see a more realistic, less superheroey Bond, but the producers no longer seem interested in that. Craig's a good actor - check him out in "Layer Cake" or "Enduring Love" or "Road to Perdition" – but if the scripts continue to stink, there's not a lot the man in the tux can do about that. To be frank, the last Bond movie I unconditionally loved was, I'm embarrassed to say, "A View To A Kill," and that was because I was 13 when it came out and I have a guilty unseemly love of the Duran Duran theme song.

ITEM! If you're interested, you can find my full review of the new Franz Ferdinand CD over here. Dance, puny humans!

ITEM! Planning to check out Cameron Crowe's "Elizabethtown" tonight or tomorrow... The rather mixed reviews have me a bit bummed, but I'm still cautiously hopeful. Heck, I even liked "Vanilla Sky," so I'll give this a shot. Look for my thoughts on it sometime this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment