1. How is it I only discovered how cool the band Portishead is just now?
2. Watching the awesome new Criterion Collection DVD of Wes Anderson's first movie "Bottle Rocket", I was reminded again of how honest and sweet the not-quite storybook romance between Luke Wilson's fumbling hapless burglar and the gem-eyed Hispanic maid Inez is.
3. I really want to see "The Curious Affair of Benjamin Button" soon.
4. Our major family Christmas present this year was a new refrigerator, and it is indeed a towering monster of ice-cool goodness that is nearly double the size of our poky old fridge, and it scares me a little bit.
5. Every time I get my hair cut these days my hairline is just a little bit higher.
6. We are off for an extra-short Christmas getaway to parts unknown, so Joyeux Noel and all that jazz!