Thursday, January 6, 2005

I think I am about to embark on a foreign-film binge from Netflix. I've been guilty lately of neglecting good foreign films in favor of the Hollywood products I review for my video review column in the paper, but now that the December flood of new releases is slowing down a little, I'm looking for good non-American flicks to check out.

Here's some of the ones I've seen lately and liked a lot -- "Maria Full of Grace," "Swimming Pool," "The Trouble With Harry," "City of God," "Whale Rider," "Talk To Her." Am interested in seeing "Osama" from Afghanistan and maybe finally diving into the "Red-Blue-White" trilogy. Any suggestions for others?

(Also, it's somewhat easier to watch movies with subtitles with the baby, so I don't miss dialogue while he's babbling and/or hollering about something or another. Besides, maybe Peter will pick up a foreign language through osmosis!)

No comments:

Post a Comment