Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Shuffle: It takes a backwash man to sing a backwash song

...Lazy spring day off, hack hack recovering from mild cold, bonding with the boy, reading Rik Mayall's very amusing "The Rik Mayall: Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ" (if you're a comedian going to write an autobiography, this is the way to do it), and getting ready for a two-day business trip over to Bay of Plenty tomorrow. And music. Cha cha cha cha.

Photobucket1. Letter To Bowie Knife 3:06 Calexico*
2. December 3:03 Teenage Fanclub
3. Take The Bitter With The Sweet 3:09 Muddy Waters
4. Nobody But Me 2:17 The Human Beinz**
5. We Were Born The Mutants Again With Leafling 4:58 Of Montreal
6. Think I'm In Love 3:19 Beck
7. Chemical Smile 1:50 Everclear
8. In Your Eyes 5:28 Peter Gabriel***
9. Either/Or 2:27 Elliott Smith
10. Slowdive (XFM Session) 4:10 LCD Soundsystem
11. Hotwax 3:49 Beck****

* While I like this tune it doesn't sound a thing like the spacey southwest doom-rock they usually do, it's like they're channeling '60s britpop or something.
** A great old rocker, how annoying it is that when I hear it it brings to mind TV commercials.
***I went through a total obsessive P.G. phase back in the '90s and with this song in particular (yes, there was a girl involved). Thus, I think I've listened to this song more than any other in memory. Yikes.
****I have rather inexplicable flashbacks of driving around Memphis, Tennessee, looking for sushi when I hear this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment