Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Honestly, I have no better ideas


Busy busy busy and still recovering from the plague virus here, so I'll steal from the inimitable Roger Green and post a list of

Random Personal Questions.


1) Do you have a crush on somebody?: Oh yes
2) Do you hate more than 3 people?: Truly hate, probably not
3) How many houses have you lived in?: Approximately 16, if you count just places I've lived in more than 2 weeks
4) Favorite candy bar?: New Zealand has a vast variety of Kit-Kat variations (cookie dough! honeycomb!) that I am just beginning to explore.
6) Have you ever tripped someone?: Oh yes
7) Least favorite school subject?: Trigonometry, which I managed to fail twice (!) in college.
8) How many pairs of shoes do you own?: 5
9) Do you own a Britney Spears CD? No, but I've considered her greatest hits CD if I can get it for next to nothing... I like "Toxic," what can I say.
10) Have you ever thrown up in public?: Does in a stranger's bedroom count?
11) Name one thing that is always on your mind: The boy, the future, books
12) Favorite genre of music?: Really couldn't narrow it down, although 1970s proto-punk punk-pop post-punk punkesque rock (Bowie, Ramones, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Iggy, XTC, etc.) is probably my favorite general school of music right now.
13) What's your sign?: Scorpio
14) What time were you born?: Around 5 a.m. in a very cold place in Alaska
15) Do you like beer?: Moderately
16) Have you ever made a prank phone call?: Failed prank phone call, yes
18) Are you sarcastic?: Yeah, right
19) What are your favorite colors?: Blue
20) How many watches do you own?: One, which I bought just last week for $14 after the really fancy watch I got as a wedding present 7+ years ago finally kicked it
21) Summer or winter? Fall is my favorite
22) Is anyone in love with you?: Peter says he loves me very very very very much so I'll assume he's truthful
23) Favorite color to wear?: Tan
24) Pepsi or Sprite?: Pepsi
25) What color is your cell phone?: I don't believe in cell phones
26) Where is your second home?: Technically, don't really have a FIRST one these days
27) Have you ever slapped someone?: Sadly yes
28) Have you ever had a cavity? More than one
29) How many lamps are in your bedroom?: Two
30) How many video games do you own?: Zero
31) What was your first pet?: Ruffles the poodle which was technically my parents
32) Ever had braces?: For far far too long
33) Do looks matter?: They are a factor
34) Do you use chapstick?: Not really
35) Name 3 teachers from high school: Mr. Lehman, Mmme. Onesto (who loathed me with a fiery French passion), Mrs. McD
36) American Eagle or Abercrombie?: Huh?
37) Are you too forgiving?: More the other extreme
38) How many children do you want?: The one we've got will do
39) Do you own something from Hot Topic?: I'm so far out of this loop that I think it's a line
40) Favorite breakfast meal: These days, toast with hummus or pseudo-butter healthy stuff
41) Do you own a gun?: No way
42) Ever thought you were in love?: The answer to this question is infinite
43) When was the last time you cried?: Honestly, 1991 or so, I think. I prefer to bottle things up into occasional explosions of rage.
44) What did you do 3 nights ago?: Celebrated my wife's birthday
45) Olive Garden?: Don't have 'em here
46) Have you ever called your teacher mommy?: No, but I called my mommy teacher
47) Have you ever been in a castle?: Yes
48) Nicknames?: None that I particularly care for
49) Do you know anyone named Bertha?: Yep
50) Ever been to Kentucky?: Hurtling through in the dead of night on the way to Ohio.
51) Do you own something from Banana Republic?: No
52) Are you thinking about somebody right now? I'm thinking this is really a lot of questions
53) Ever called somebody Boo?: Not unless they scared me
54) Do you smoke?: Brief attempt in college didn't take
55) Do you own a diamond ring?: No
56) Are you happy with your life right now?: It comes and goes
57) Do you dye your hair?: Nope
58) Does anyone have a crush on you?: I'm sure this woman at the beach today was giving me the eye, but then I think it was because my swim trunks were coming off
59) Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Donuts trumps Moneybucks
60) What were you doing in May of 1994?: Preparing to head to an internship at Billboard magazine in New York; convincing my girlfriend at the time we would survive a summer apart; shaving my head
62) McDonald's or Wendy's?: I have a weakness for McD's on rare occasions
63) Do you like yourself?: Yeah
64) Are you closer to your mother or father?: Depends on what the topic is
65) Favorite physical feature of the preferred sex?: Eyes
66) Are you afraid of the dark?: Nope
67) Have you ever eaten paste?: Yes, and rubber cement is even worse
68) Do you own a webcam?: No
69) Have you ever stripped?: I drew a comic strip for 18 months in college... Is that the right answer?
70) Ever broke a bone?: No
71) Are you religious?: "Agnostic" is the closest word I can use to describe where my head is at
72) Do you chat on AIM often?: No
73) Pringles or Lays?: Pretzels instead
74) Have you ever broken someone's heart?: Yeah, sorry about that
75) Rugrats or Doug?: Huh?
76) Full House or The Brady Bunch?: I regret to admit that "The Brady Bunch" was one of the defining icons of my youth and I think I've seen every episode at least three times and own Barry "Greg" Williams' autobiography
77) Do you like your high school guidance counselor?: She gave me next to no guidance that I can recall
78) Has anyone ever called you fat?: Nope
79) Do you have a birth mark? Nope
80) Do you own a car?: Yes
81) Can you cook?: My repertoire is limited but expanding since the wife returned to work
82) 5 things that annoy you: 1.) Peter's mood swings 2.) My own mood swings 3.) Bad drivers 4.) The amount of graffiti in Auckland 5.) That I don't have a job
83) Do you text message often?: Honestly, I had thought this would be easier than a real post but I think it's the other way around. I don't believe in text messages. Dey R illeter8.
84) Money or love?: If you're a hooker you have both, right?
85) Do you have any scars?: A nifty appendectomy one that they said would go away in a few months; they lied, they lied!!
86) What do you want more than anything right now?: Security
87) Do you enjoy scary movies?: Sure, long as they're not sadistic crap ala "Saw" and the ilk
88) Relationships or one night stands?: Relationships
90) Do you enjoy greasy food?: Yes, and leaving Mississippi was a good move on that count
91) Have you seen all the Rocky movies?: All but the latest one
92) Do you own a box of crayons?: Yes, but Peter still likes to eat them
93) Who was the last person that said they loved you?: My boy
94) Who was the last person that made you cry?: See question 43
95) Who was the last person that made you laugh?: Peter
96) Who was the last person that instant messaged you?: I am a virgin in this regard
97) Who was the last person that called you? A man about a conversation we shall have later this week

No comments:

Post a Comment