Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hey, Happy Birthday to two of my personal creative heroes, Stephen King and Bill Murray, each of whom are 50-something today (King 57, Murray 54). "For relaxing times, make it Suntory time."


Speaking of King, just picked up The Dark Tower Book 7: The Dark Tower today at lunch. A hefty monster of a tome, 700 pages or so, but I can't wait to tear into it and see how the whole goshdarned saga ends. Unfortunately, I live in such a hick town that I couldn't find the new Elvis Costello CD anywhere today, which irked this gotta-get-it-the-day-it-comes-out geek to no end. Will look for it again later. Also saw plenty of copies of the new Star Wars DVD which I'm still waiting on Amazon to even ship to me... Arrghghghgh....

Dealing with an annoying ear problem/infection of some type the last two days. Not sure what's causing it but my right ear is very painful and I keep feeling like there's a "bubble" in there of some kind that won't quite pop. Kind of like perpetually waiting for a plane to land. I've had problems with that ear on and off since my surgery for a deviated septum a couple years ago but this is by far the most painful outbreak. I kind of think there's a little boil or something in there and am hoping it will just heal up without having to go to the freakin' doctor again, the last thing we can afford right now. Remedies welcome. Can't really hear out of my right ear either which is fun because it makes people on the right of me think I'm ignoring them. Gah. Now that I've delighted you with the travails of my inner ear, I'll get back to work for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment