Thursday, July 6, 2006

LIFE: A berry good time was had by all


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting...Good lord, I feel like I ate my way through Independence Day. My folks came up for a visit for a few days and to visit their #1 grandson, and there was much eating of food, hiking, playing and so forth. One of our favorite things to do a couple times each summer around here is berry picking – we're in a big agricultural area and there's tons of strawberry, marionberry and blackberry farms, not to mention our absolute tops, blueberry picking. Took Peter out with my folks Monday for some berry pickin' adventures. This year's crop was the best we've seen in the 4 1/2 years we've lived here – huge, bright berries, falling right off the bushes. Then we stopped and bought pies at a local fruit stand. Hoo-ha!

So of course I made blueberry pancakes for our July 4 breakfast. And between my folks and I we've got about 10 pounds of berries to use in coming months. Berry-licious! The diet starts again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment