Friday, February 4, 2005

This meme's making the rounds, courtesy of beaucoupkevin (who does quite a funny blog I keep meaning to link to one of these days). Because question-and-answers are fun!

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
Embarassingly low amount, around 20-30 files at any given time. In my defense I keep taking the mp3s I've downloaded and burning them onto discs, as my home iMac has a really tiny amount of free space and my work G4 I try not to abuse.

2. The last CD you bought was:
Picked up Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose" for $9.72 at WalMart (I know, I shouldn't patronize the beast, but they have cheap cat litter) the other day. Really enjoyable, listening to her reminds me of how much Lucinda Williams, a personal fave, was inspired by her. Lynn's voice pairs well with Jack White's crazy blues guitar on this record.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
"Across The Sea" from Weezer's "Pinkerton" CD, currently playing on the car stereo.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
It changes every five minutes, but off the top of my head today* --
"You Know You're Right," Nirvana
"Oceanographer's Choice," The Mountain Goats
"Starman," David Bowie
"My Son Cool," Guided By Voices
"Mr. Blue Sky," ELO
*Subject to change depending on mood.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Hell if I know who'll answer it, but Dave Hitt, Rob Rogers, Jason Marcy, Lain Hughes, if you're reading it, go nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment