Thursday, January 12, 2006

ETC.: Gossip and self-promotion


Alas, I have little actual to post about today. It is wet. It is Oregon. So it goes. However, some random celebrity thoughts: So, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are having a baby. Thus begins the perpetuation of the ultra-hottie master race that will soon overtake us all.

This may be the coolest movie plan I've seen in a long time: Maurice Sendak's classic "Where The Wild Things Are" children's book to become live-action movie. From a script written by Dave Eggers whom I dig. Directed by SPIKE JONZE ("Adaptation," "Being John Malkovich"), who in my book can do no wrong. I'm already in the theater, waiting in line, and it's cold outside.

Want to read more by this humble scribe? Go over to my other online haunt BlogCritics, and read other stuff by me that I haven't gotten around to posting here:
The latest CD by cool Seattle-based band The Minus 5, featuring guest appearances by members of Wilco and R.E.M.
That nifty book I mentioned recently, "Strange Red Cow: And Other Curious Classified Ads From The Past" by Sara Bader.
Also, thanks to the kind folks at BC for naming me one of their Picks of the Week recently. I am humbled.

Coming Friday: big news.

No comments:

Post a Comment